Monday 13 January 2014

a Summer day in Paris card....

Hi! I'm back!

Well, today I've got for you a summer card... Yeah, I know, it's January! and freezing and snowing in some places! but I just fancied to make a summer card. I'm just like that, out of season! well, it's Summer in the Southern Hemisphere!

And this card didn't come easy.... Does it happen to you? I'm in the mood for crafting, but I get stuck... moving things around, staring at the papers for hours to see which ones works better... and I mean... hours! but after all that, the satisfaction of seeing the finished card... and being happy with it... I guess that's the fun of card-making!

So this is the card I'm showing you today...


I used a digital stamp by Some Odd Girl called "Scooter Mae". I love her! 
It's the first time I've used a Some Odd Girl stamp, but not the last for sure! I love them all.

The papers I've used are from:  Dovecraft Princess Fairytale, First Edition Dreamcatcher paper pad and Parisian Dreams Paper Collection by Jenny Ellory.




As always, I coloured Mae with my Promarkers:

For her hair: Raw Sienna, Sandstone, Buttermilk and Eggnog.
For her skin: Vanilla, Almond, Satin and Blossom.
For her eyes: cornflower and powder blue.
For her clothes, hat and scooter: Pink Carnation, Blossom, Powder Pink, Orchid, Lilac, Lavender, Cool Grey 5. Cool Grey 3 and Cool Grey 1. 














I also used:
Sizzix Doily Die and Swiss dots embossing folder for some texture.
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad in Milled Lavender
Martha Stewart butterfly punch
Marianne Creatables leaves die
Dovecraft ribbon
Flowers, buttons, heart rhinestones and card candy from local shops.
Glitter glue from Hobbycraft in flowers and butterflies.
a bit of washi tape (star) from local shop.
Sentiments created with my computer.


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketchy colours #193 - Grey, Pink and Lilac
Created with Love #72 - Color Challenge Pink and Purple
Glitter n Sparkle #67 - Bingo (butterflies, digi and flowers)
Pile it On #2 - Holidays / Ceblebrations
Incy Wincy - Add Texture 

I really hope you like my new card. If you do, please leave me some feedback below... Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and read my blog!
and don't forget so FOLLOW....

Until Next time!!!!










19 comments:

  1. awww this is just so cute I love the layout and sparkle
    Thank you for joining us at Glitter n sparkle

    linda X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, great design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Love the image and your coloring is superb! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our Pink and/or Purple Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love your design and the colour scheme. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, ,Thank you for joining in at Polkadoodles Challenge and good luck
    Susan DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What A Fab Card And So Much Detail And Yes I Too Can Spend Hours Just Trying To Find Something To Kick Start MoJo. Thanks For Sharing At Crafty Catz And Good Luck With The gdt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love the image and colours. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Love the image and your coloring. Thanks for joining our Pink and Purple Color Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner
    Created with Love Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Scooter Mae is just so cute. Great details. Thank you for participating in Sketchy Colors and good luck.
    Hug Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful card, tanks for sharing withus at CRAFTY CATZ and for showing an interest in our GDT call, good luck x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card Mirella!

    Good to see you join us for the CAGI Challenge & Blog Hop, hope to you come back soon!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Love the colouring. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love SOG stamps, they are so fun to colour. You done a great job with this card! I like how you combined it with the Eiffeltower too.
    Thank you for joining our Pretty in Pink Challenge at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable - I love all your added details - they really make it special. Your colours are some of my favourites too! Thank you for joining our "Bingo" challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Wishing you all the best in our draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny Card love the image and the Eifeltower.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons.
    Hugs ELfie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at pile it on!! Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing in our monthly Anything Goes challenge at Crafting By Designs this month. Remember you can play again, hope to see you soon! Mo CBD DT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...