Wednesday 22 January 2014

A Marriage Proposal card!

Hi! It's Wednesday, which means there are only 2 days left for the weekend!
 The days are going so fast, I feel like I haven't got enough time to do everything I need to do!
24-hour days are not enough! maybe it's my time management... I get distracted a lot! I should add another resolution to my list: getting more organised!

Today I've got a very special card for you.... I was asked to make this by the brother of a friend of mine, who wants to propose to his girlfriend! So this card is all about LOVE and GIRLINESS!!!



I found this quote, and straight away I knew I had to use it! It's amazing! it's called Valentine Subway art and you can find it at The Girl Creative blog.

I put the quote over a reddish pink ornate frame die cut. 
The pale pink background paper is from local shop (non-branded), then I used a fabric feel paper from First Edition "Rose Garden" collection, which I cut with a Go Create large frame die.
I hand-stitched around the bottom layer with white thread.

Across the card, I used a floral Martha Stewart border punch, together with a very beautiful ribbon I've had in my stash for a very long time. It's got little flowers and pearls attached to it.

I used the Joy Crafts Butterfly border die for the Butterflies and added some glitter glue (girly cards always need glitter!

The tag is also from Joy Crafts.
The flourish corner is a die from Marianne Creatables.
The doily is from local shop.

The flowers are from Hobbycraft and Wild Orchid Crafts, which I also covered in glitter glue.
The metallic "twigs" with beads are also from Hobbycraft (sorry, not sure about how to call them!)
Pearls are also from WOC.



on the Inside of the card, I made a Pop-up heart, with the girl's name on it. 
I used again the flourish corner die, and some punched butterflies, all covered in glitter glue. 

I added some washi tape to the heart (stars washi tape). The sentiment is also a washi tape. both from local shop. 

the big rose is from a K&Company paper. More glitter glue on it, plus some liquid pearls.

The ribbon seems a bit random, but it's purpose is to tie a engagement ring with it!

I've covered the girl's name inside the heart for privacy reasons


I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Fab n Funky #200 - All about the words (used a sentiment as a main image)
Inky Chicks #21 - Bingo (pearls, ribbon and butterflies)
Try it on Tuesdays - Celebrations (Love, Marriage Proposal)
Twisted Tuesdays - use washi or fabric tape; twist: used sth. starting with  T A P E. (used two types of washi tape on the inside of the card and used Pearls)


I hope you like this card. Don't forget to leave me some love in the comments and to follow!

Until next time!





30 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. love all the elements you have used,

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhands Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how fabulous! Exciting! Hope you let us know whether she says yes?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure yet when it's going to happen, but he knows he needs to tell me as I'm involved on it now! xx

      Delete
  3. Very sweet, hope she says yes! Thanks for playing at Divas, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty elements on this card. They caught my eye on Twisted Tuesday. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
      Mirella DK xx

      Delete
  5. Interesting and inspirational card design . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card, thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card hun and adore the sentiment stamp - thanks so much for playing along at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - very good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely Fab, love all the texture and colour's thank you for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love you to join us again next week for another fab challenge...
    Hugs
    Suzy B DT
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! One of my favorite verses. I hope she says yes! Thanks for joining us in our month long challenge at Crafting By Designs. Hugs, Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. this card is truly stunning. thanks for joining us over at JIC this week from Sian (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning hun love it - thanks so much for playing along at Fan-Tastic Tuesday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous project, thanks for sharing with us at Artistic Inspirations this week
    Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a beautiful project thanks for sharing with us at artistic inspirations this week.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card inside and out. I love the butterflies you added. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. thanks for playing along with us on CraftyHands

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such a sweet idea. Wonderful sentiment and your embellishments are lovely. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card thank you for joining our All About the Words challenge at Fab n Funky
    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Party Time Tuesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing card. Love all the little details. Super pretty. Thanks for joining our You Have My Heart Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    Design Team
    Delightful Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card if full of style, well done

    Becka DT CraftyHands Challenge Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely Card looks so beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have made such a pritty card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons. xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMGoodness! This is wonderful! What a lucky gal to receive this card...and a proposal to boot! Perfect! Thanks for playing along over at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fabulous card. Loving the great textures and soft color. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a great week. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so lovely and special!!! I found you on Crafting By Designs your work is LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Lisa for the lovely comment!!!
      Mirella DK xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...