Sunday 16 March 2014

Scribble and Scrap challenge #14 DT post!

Morning!!! Happy Sunday!!! I hope you are all having a great weekend! 

Busy Sunday for me! we've decided to join our city's leisure centre! woo hoo! I really need to start exercising, get some energy and get fit! They have a really affordable family rate, which includes gym, classes, pool... etc.. the lot! so we have joined!
Today we have our Gym's induction, and then we will be going to the pool, so a bit of family exercising all together! 


And as every other Sunday, this morning there is a new 


As always, the challenge is Anything goes. so go over to the Scribble and Scrap challenge, take a look at the great cards my fellow DTs have made for your inspiration and join us!
There will be a Random drawn winner, who will get a £15 voucher to spend in the Scribble and Scrap shop. 
But if the Random drawn winner has used a product from www.scribbleandscrap.co.uk the prize will be a £20 voucher instead of a £15 voucher.
Also each of the Top Three will win a £5 voucher to spend at www.scribbleandscrap.co.uk


This is the card I've made this fortnight!





I decided to make a card with one of my favourite colour combinations, brown and blue! So I used these beautiful papers, part of the Fabulous Florals 2 digital paper set from Scribble and Scrap and put them on top of kraft card. I used a paper crimper to create the corrugated effect on the blue paper. I love the pattern on these papers so much!!!  

This is a close up of the papers:



I hand-stitched all the paper borders with white thread, distressed then with Tim Holtz distresser tool and Tim Holtz distreess ink in Old paper.

The sentiment is also from Scribble and Scrap, it is one of many sentiments you can get with the Basic Birthday Sentiment Digi Set.



For my image, I used a rubber stamp from Lili of the Valley called Fairies - on Tip Toe.







 I coloured the image with my Promakers in just blue and brown colours,

I used:
Raw Sienna, Buttercup, Sandstone, Cornflower and Powder Blue.









I used a Doily Sizzix Die cut behind the image.

To embellish I cut some butterflies with  Martha Stewart Butterfly punch, lace, gems and charm from local shops, pearls and flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.




I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:


As you like it - favourite colour medium and why (my favourite colour medium is Promarkers. I love how the blend, the choice of colours and precision tip!)
Aud Sentiments #102 - Anything goes 2nd entry
Papertake Weekly challenge - bingo (gems, die cugts, flowers)
Top Tip tuesday - 3, 5 or 7 of something (I put 5 paper flowers and 3 gems in fairy's hair)
Tuesday Throwdown #186 - Stitching  2nd entry
Whoopsi Daisy - Birthday challenge


I really hope you like my DT card for Scribble and Scrap this fortnight!
Please leave me some love in the comments if you do, and don't forget to follow.

Until later on!




39 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mirella, this is such a lovely card, always love that colour combo. Gorgeous image and embellishments.
    Thanks for joining us at TioT
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Mirella, love the colours :D
    Hugs Jackie dt TEW

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful. I love this colour combination. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just beautiful! Love the blue and brown color combo. The soft coloring of your image is superb. Thank you for sharing your amazing creation with us at TCCB>

    Nadja DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, Mirella. You've used the papers so beautifully and the image is adorable. Really love this one.

    Thank you for creating such a great card for the challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mirella! i love seeing your work around blogland! This is another stunning piece of art and I just love it! Thank you for joining us at Love to Create Challenge this week! Mo xxx
    Why not link up at the Anything Goes challenge at Left of Center this month for a chance to lots of prizes from some amazing sponsors! http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-challenge-starting.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a stunning card. Thank you for entering with JIC this week but I am sorry but this week you didn't read the rules, we had a hop as well as a challenge this week, You must comment on all of the blogs on the hop list and put our banner in your side bar to be in the running for the prizes, you still have time to do the hop but the winners will be chosen tomorrow. Sian (DT Co Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the colours and the image :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mirella, this is an absolute joy! Love, love your gorgeous layout with the beautiful image, stitching and embellishments .... and those papers are definitely on my list for next time! Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this card, the layout is just adorable, i am so going to be doing my own version of this card!! Thanks for joining us at crafting from the heart. Sonia W DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! Love the colors, textures and the design is fab! Thanks for joining us at JIC this week :)
    Lisbeth @ Lisbeths hobbyer
    DT Just Inspirational
    DT Through The Purple Haze
    DT The Outlaws, Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this card, love the papers, the image and the colours. Thanks for joining in with us over at Digi Choosday Challenge! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Mirella, this is one of my favorite color combinations. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes." Good Luck.

    Karal DT for QKR Stampede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful! I love those papers with that image! And with the butterflies, flowers, and pearls...just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenges and Thanks for joining us in our first ever Blog Hop, Holly H, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is so pretty thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really beautiful. Gorgeous colours and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors and the distressing. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, perfect for our butterfly theme this week! Love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The craft works so well with the blue here. Great image, beautifully coloured and perfect layout and design. Thanks for joining in with our 'Butterfly Kisses' at PFP this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is stunning! I love your gorgeous colouring and all your layers! Thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week, Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the brown & blue - thanks for joining us at My time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card! Your embellishments are perfect and I LOVE the stitching! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at HIMCR!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card Mirella :-) the image is beautiful and the papers and details are perfect, I love the shabby chic look of this, so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for March with yet more of your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card love the cute image,die-cut frame and layout-thanks for joining us at Lej Designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful Mirella. I love your colour choice and the hand stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable image, beautiful card and fantastic color combo. I love blues & browns! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting By Designs. Hugs. Sharon/DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good gracious - how GORGEOUS! Love your colors and the corregated piece of cardstock. I agree - the patterns on that blue paper are beautiful. I'm not sure I could have made myself use it - hehe. Thanks for joining us this week at MTTC.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card. Love all the layers, flowers and sweet image. You did a wonderful job with the stitching. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great job.... I love the shabby look of this, so pretty! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Little Faires with this wonderful creation!
    I adore this LOTV fairy and I love the blue and kraft colour combo too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Another beautiful card! Love the colour combo and the image is almost too sweet. Thanks for joining the Kitty Bee Aloha Friday Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Victoria DT (and SS teamie)

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! I hope you get to join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, beautiful card. Thanks for playing along at The Rubber Buggy.

    Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  37. What an amazing card! Perfect for Spring!! Thanks for playing along with Milk Coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great project.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our anything goes challenge . Hope you will join us again hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a beautiful card! I love the brown and blue together and your colouring is gorgeous!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Crafty BINGO' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...