Wednesday 8 January 2014

Guess!!!! another baby card!

Hi!

First of all, I would like to say Hi to all my new (and old) blog-land friends... thank you so much for following me! I hope you enjoy my work and I can inspire you in the same way  I get inspired by all of you!!! 

First week back to normality still not going as planned....  Christmas tree is still up (but taking it down today for sure!). I seem to be rolling on auto-pilot at the moment... I want to make so many things, and so little time... I do my crafting mainly at night, once Alaia is in bed. It's when I feel more relaxed, with no distractions, catching up with my TV shows at the same time (mainly just in the background).
I always end up working until really late, chatting with my Crafty friends on facebook and reading lots of blogs for tutorials and inspiration. I try to give myself the night off every few days so I can catch up on some sleep... luckily, Alaia isn't an early-riser, and nursery is in the afternoon, so I don't really need to do early mornings...  lucky me!

On with the card....

Guess! another Baby card!!!

My friend in Spain had a baby before Christmas, so obviously, I made a card!



I used "Spit Happens" by Mo Manning. Mo creates the most amazing images! 

The background papers are from Papermania Capsula Collection Spots and Stripes and K&Company and some loose scraps. I don't remember where I got the yellow paper... it's really cute as it has little baby feet on it (it got covered, but it's really great for baby cards). I got it in a pack with a few more papers a long time ago.







To colour the baby, I used my Promarkers.

Sandstone and buttermilk for the hair.
Vanilla, Almond, Satin, Ivory and blender pen for the skin. Blossom for the cheeks.
Cornflower and Powder blue for T-shirt.
Sandstone and Buttermilk for the bunny.
A bit of Warm grey 1 for the nappy.












I cut the image with the Tim Holtz Alterations Torn Page die. I used the other die that comes in the same set for the notebook page die-cut paper.
I inked all the borders with Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Tea Dye.

The corrugated cardboard corners are recycled from Alaia's baby toiletries packaging. I still have a bit left, it comes so handy for this type of cards! I painted the cardboard with a bit of white acrylic paint. I think I'm going to get some Gesso soon to create this look... I really like the look it gives! but I will wait at least for a few weeks, I got so many things on the sale (and NOT SALE)  that I need to give my pockets a rest!!!!
If you have any experience with Gesso, please let me know in the comments below. it doesn't come cheap, so I would really like your opinion beforehand....

I also added a piece of lace mesh under the image. 

I made the rose and leaves with the English Rose die from Marianne Creatables.

The Ribbon and washi tape are from Dovecraft.

The rhinestones and buttons are from local shops.


 I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Polkadoodles Digi Choosday wk 1 - Anything goes/New Beginnings
Totally Papercrafts #200 - New Beginnings
Left of Center #22 - New Beginnings
Crafty Hands #5 - Anything goes
Brown Sugar #75 - Use Ribbon or Twine (2nd entry)
Totally Gorjuss #217 - Ribbon (2nd entry)
A gem of a challenge #110 - Something new
All Sorts - Free and Easy  (3rd entry)
A Creative Romance - Something new
Sweet Pea Stampers - Anything goes (2nd entry)
Creative Craft Challenge # 26 - Anything goes (2nd entry)
Glitter n Sparkle #66 - Anything goes (2nd entry)
The Corrosive challenge #190 - New Beginnings
Challenges 4 everybody #37 - Anything goes (2nd entry)
Incy Wincy - 3 favourite embellishments (buttons, ribbon and flowers) 2nd entry
Paper Nest Dolls - anything goes
Crafting from the heart - Anything goes/ use pearls or buttons (2nd entry)
Crafty Boots - Anything goes (2nd entry)
Use your stuff #117 - New Beginnings 
Lexi's Creations #107 - Anything goes
Loves Rubberstamps #85 - Anything goes
Crafty Sentiment Designs - New  (3)
LEJ Designs #85 - Anything goes
Oldie but a goodie - New Beginnings
Papertake Weekly - anything goes/ optional make something to celebrate something new
Inky Chicks #20 - Anything goes
The Crafter's Cafe #45 - Anything goes
Fab n Funky - Let's Celebrate (New baby)
My Heart Pieces - Anything goes
Divas by Designs - Let's Celebrate (New baby)
Stamp n Doodle #1 -  Happy New...




thanks so much for stopping by!!! don't forget to leave a comment and follow!!!!

Until Next time!!!!










49 comments:

  1. this is totally adorable and sweet!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I love seeing baby cards. Thank You for sharing with us over at Incy Wincy Designs.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cut baby card. Thanks for playing at LRS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this cute image - so beautifully coloured and fab DPs - thank you for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mirella - this is such a cute card! Love all the details and soft colours. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs again.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty card & great layout.
    Thanks for joining us at lexi's creations

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great fab baby card thankyou for joining our challenge at crafting from the heart. Hugs
    Fiona dt/co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mirella, Your baby card is simply charming! Adorable Mo image! Nicely colored. Love those added corners, fabric and dotted DP! Thanks for playing this week at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card and fabulous layering, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and Divas by Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, such a delightful image. I love the delicate colours and beautiful detailing too.
    Thank you for taking part in a Gem of A Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...this is adorable!
    Thanks for playing at the Crafty Little Fairies Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card love the fabulous image all the layers and great corners-thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, so sweet! Love the cute image - your colouring is beautiful! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Best wishes in the draw - and I hope to see you again!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous baby card, great image and your layout looks amazing. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card! Love all the layers and elements! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design, love the cute image, thanks for joinng us at Brown Sugar this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a very cute card. Thank you for playing along with Sweet Pea Stampers "Anything goes". We wish you good luck and hope to see you again soon. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles (Digi Choosday). Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing your delightfully sweet card for the Sweet Pea Stampers 'anything goes' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute baby card, Thanks for joining us at OBAG this fortnight

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hiya! Really lovely, Mirella, you have such a knack for layering things up and embellishing just right! You are indeed very inspiring. Hope you are getting enough sleep this week! Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I love my layers! the more the merrier!!!!
      Hugs
      Mirella xx

      Delete
  23. Gorgeous card! So beautiful, that image is adorable :D

    Thanks for joining in at Papertake Weeky, hope to see you again soon!

    Tanya GDT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super sweet baby card. Love the image and the soft colors. Great design.

    Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Pea Stampers.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  25. super sweet - I love how you have embellished the card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Digi Chooseday with our New Beginnings challenge!! i do hope to see you again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable Card -Thanks for joining in with our Sweet Pea Stampers "Anything Goes" challenge - Good luck in the draw.Sue

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have made a wonderful baby card here. Beautiful. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight of “anything goes” and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is SO cute! I love how you fancied it up, but it's still so perfect for a baby boy. Those distressed corners are brilliant! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Nest Dolls♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a cute image and I just love the layout.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 5th Challenge 'Anything Goes' at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A stunning card and a very cute image. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so adorable. I just love the cute baby image. Thanks for playing along with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Creative Craft Challenges 2 and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. adorable, loved your card, super cute, Thanks for Joining the Anything Goes ~Loves Rubber Stamps Challenge. Hope to see more of your amazing Cards in future challenges.. Hugs Larelle-Susanne DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. So very sweet thanks so much for joining us at Left of Centre

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super baby card, thank you for joining us at A creative romance this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great new arrival card! Thanks for playing at the Crafter's Cafe!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  36. just popping back to say-thanks for joining us at Lej Designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  37. could you check your link to Lej designs please it links back to crafty Sentiments
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry Carol and LEJ Designs!!!! don't know what I did!!!! It has been corrected....
      Mirella DK xx

      Delete
  38. What a gorgeous card .... the image is adorable


    Many thanks for joining us over at LEJ DESIGNS CHALLENGE BLOG

    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  39. too cute! Thank you for joining our Anything goes Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. What great Baby cards on your blog! i agree that Mo does fab images!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making baby cards! and Mo's images are amazing!
      Mirella DK xx

      Delete
  41. Beautiful card!
    Xoxo,
    Lori Ann TPN DT

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing at Challenges 4 Everybody. We hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your card is adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  44. ~Fabulous card! that baby is adorable and your colouring and layout are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center this fortnight. Mo dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Adorable & congrats to your friend :) Thanks for playing along this month at
    Just Inspirational Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...